View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #55
winniboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I agree with you LTII. The Littlefield case has no direct bearing to the speed limits nor did I ever brought it up until now.

McLear literally handed Littlefield a 'Get out of Jail' card due to this action. I'm all for getting rid of drunk driving. But this action tells me that McLear doesn't mind driving under the influence as long as he can make a few bucks out of it.
As a person who knows both Rusty And Littlefield ( my view of them is irrelevant) I do have to say the situation that happened was avoidable. What it comes down to however had NOTHING to do with Rusty. Rusty has no part of any restaurant or bar in Meredith. Although his Hotels are in the same building (in some cases) Rusty Does not operate the restaurant side of the business. Littlefield (unfortunately) was irresponsible that night and that lead to poor decision makings. Even Alex Ray, who does OWN the bar, does not RUN it, nor was he working or present at the location at the time. It comes down to the bartender over serving, and Littlefield telling them he was not driving, and Littlefield making poor decisions. The no wake zone was a good move by the town of Meredith, and of course Rusty and Alex would support that because it keeps their customers safe. At the end of they day they are in the business to make a buck *look at the economy, don't you do your job to make a buck?* With that being said, i think it is unfair to criticize a MAJOR influence on town happenings because he did something to keep others safe.