View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #52
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTII View Post
Serving alcohol at their fine establishments has no relation to the speed limit issue. You can't close the case just because your argument doesn't hold water.

Sounds like classic sour grapes. While you are totally within your rights as a consumer to boycott with your small group of friends, it does not validate your hypocrisy claim. If in their judgement their business interests would be better served by a speed limit, there is no hypocrisy. If they supported a speed limit and drove fast themselves that would then be hypocritical.
Call it whatever you want, but I call it hypocrisy. If it quacks like a duck, flies like a duck and walks like a duck, then it's a duck as far as I'm concerned. Defend them all you want - it doesn't change the foundation of the argument. They associated themselves with, and proactively supported a lobbying group that fabricated stories which used boating under the influence of alcohol (yes, the same alcohol with which they make money selling) in order to push their agenda. Again, they have every right to do this, as I have every right to avoid their establishments (which I will continue to do). By the way, how do you know the size of my group of friends?