View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #49
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
As far as the issue abpout "pay or no-pay " to be using the new kayak-canoe-row shell access ramp to be constructed in the space between the former Arts & Crafts-NH and the Town Docks restaurant......it is pretty much a mute point.....because.....anyone familiar with the Meredith town dock and boat launch knows.....there already exists ....at the opposite end of the three large town dock piers....the town boat ramp....maybe a distance of 150-yards....from the newly proposed kayak ramp immediately close to the new recreation-kayak rental......it costs 20-dollars to launch a boat on the Meredith town ramp with a trailer/motor boat....and costs nothing to launch a hand-carry boat like a kayak-canoe-row shell....so for my money.....free works just fine for me!

Just having a kayak rental center with included instruction-rentals-safety-people etc creates a different type of a venue than just a free launch dock....would be kayakers will probably be attracted to it when they see others using the colorfull little kayaks....and prefer the convenience of paying as opposed to launching off a car top.....just my two cents....

...kayaking across the bay to the now under construction 8-acres land-EIGHT-million dollar price and big-bucks mansion now under construction is easily doable with a kayak.....one can paddle directly up to the shoreline and take a gander.....that water is state property...just try to do that in a motor boat......maybe take the shoreline real estate tour around Meredith Bay and check out the huge money homes of the super-rich......sounds like a fun afternoon paddle....whatever...
I'm sorry but I didn't understand a thing you said. Please clarify.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post: