View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 05:40 AM   #41
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
If you already have a battery platform that you are using... it is best to check out mowers that use that platform.

If you do not already have a battery platform that you are using... an important approach to choosing is where do you get your warranty serviced.

Is it something you return to the store and they send out/replace?
Or is it something that you have to search around or expend money to get shipped so you can get the warranty work completed?

The same thing should be looked at for a gas mower... where do I get parts/service?

Your current mower has a governor that keeps the motor from over revving and damaging itself... but should have started without the weight of the blade. It would have just idled way down.
I don't already have a platform. Lowes is an authorized EGO service center. You take the mower to them and they send it out for repair. I also considered that EGO has a single-stage snowblower with good reviews, which might solve my snowblower problem. As you allude, it would be very expensive to buy a snowblower plus battery and charger from a different company. A battery leaf blower from EGO would also be good.

I compared EGO to Ryobi and concluded that EGO mowers are better. Also decided to go with non-self-propelled for simplicity and lighter weight.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote