View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 02:32 PM   #15
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Well FLL, I agreed with you at one time when I was a bleeding-heart tree hugger, so I went out and got a top-of-the line reel mower. Result: it couldn't handle my one acre of lawn and by the end of the season the lawn was ruined. Matter of fact, that was the year the thatch started looking real bad, because the reel mower just sort of flattened anything over a couple of inches high. I'm still a bleeding-heart tree hugger and now want to repent from years of adding gasoline mower fumes to the atmosphere.
Well ...... you know what they say ...... that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence ...... which is 'zactly why somebody should build a King Kong style, Farm Island fence to divide the eight and twelve acres of forested 20-acre island land, out on Farm Island as a way to help ease the hostility between neighbors.

Anyway ...... I am getting a wee bit off-topic here ...... so, getting back to mowing a lawn with a rotary cutter blade, lawn mower. Looking at a golf course green or a grass tennis court, the grass is VERY short, very low, like maybe just 1/4" low. So, probably the reel style lawn mowers are intended for high maintenance, closely cut grass like a tennis court or a golf green and not too practical for most all residential lawns.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 06-29-2022 at 03:12 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote