View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #150
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
Sunset.... For the business owners sake I hope you are right.

Many GFB owners trailer their boats and rent a house / condo for a week or two at a time. Frankly the lake becomes small very quickly for a GFB. However due to the other activities and places to visit around the lake it still is a great place to visit.

My friends that normally would either rent a place or come and leave their boats at my dock are deciding not to come at all. Even though the lake gets small quickly for GFB we still like to be able to use them. I quick ride from Moultonboro to Alton for lunch or Wolfboro for dinner is always a good time. But they are saying that because of the hassell they are going to go to Maine.

So yes you are right there will be a shift, economy wise, but to an entirely different state.
But again, the point is that those houses/condos might well fill with people who are looking for a different lake experience now that we have speed limits. I know people who feel this way about Winnipesaukee. As far as Maine, there is now more and more momentum for similar limits on their lakes. Many people on these Maine lakes(as well as other NH lakes) do not want to feel that they will become the dumping grounds for these performance boats.