View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 06:03 AM   #116
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
PeterG....

You are missing my point.....

What is or is not for sale on Squam or Winnipesaukee is irrelevant... The towns that border Squam Lake and the Squam Lake Association have seen to it that the rules regarding that lake were written long ago to keep it's tranquil character. There has been a speed limit on Squam for as long as I can remember, and if it was not for threat of an eminent domain action by the State of NH, there would be NO public access on that lake.

The towns that border Lake Winnipesaukee have not enacted restrictions similar to Squam.... nor has the State of NH. Mainly because a majority of the public does not want them, and the towns want the tax $$ these large homes generate.

Woodsy
That's always the driving force right there, tax $$$. The top 1% with a lot of money generally get what they want if they waive enough of it around and there is no shortage of people willing to take it.
We have a materialistic society here in America. The more you have to show off the more people will pay attention. The owner of this boat has got peoples attention which I'm sure was his intention. It's not the type of boat that goes unnoticed. Some people feel the need for that.

Last edited by Biggd; 07-11-2017 at 06:51 AM.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote