View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #27
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking Kevin's Clams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
Don't forget you can get all you can eat fried clams every Friday, and the last Sunday of the month all you can eat lobster at his cafe in Moultonborough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
After hearing everyone rave about the all you can eat fried clams at Kevin’s Café, I just had to try them for myself.
We stopped in on Friday, October 2nd after a fun day of leaf peeping.
They were fantastic! Among the best I've ever had!!!

I even managed to snap a picture for you before I dove in.

This was the first helping! As you can imagine, there were no seconds for me! They are exactly as ILoveWinnipesaukee and others describe.

Rattlesnake Guy had the chowder, which he said was wonderful. He also got the calamari, and a Caesar salad with chicken.
All items were excellent and the rolls... they were out of this world!

Our server was our Forum friend, Meredith Lady. Laura was awesome as usual and is a real asset to Kevin's Cafe.

Kevin also made the rounds the night we were in to check on his patrons. He is a very personable man and knows how to treat his customers.

There was only one thing regarding our meal, in my opinion that could use improvement - the French fries. The few that you see peeking out from under the clams were not on par with the rest of this excellent meal. I didn’t say anything at the time because I was just enjoying my delicious clams and couldn’t fit them if I tried.

The French fries that Laura made for us this summer on several occasions at the Pier were incredible. Kevin should find out what she did and always do it! Her fries were golden in color, light and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the out - fantastically delicious! I think she should train the whole staff because she is the French Fry Master!
The all you can eat fried clams at Kevin's Cafe were excellent!

Just wondering, how is the lobster cooked at the last Sunday of the month Lobster and Prime Rib Buffet?
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote