View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 08:06 AM   #11
Kamper

Reverse osmosis has brine as a waste product. Too much dumped in one spot is not good for the environment. Dumping it a little at a time, especially after diluting it, may not be a problem.

The most common tablets are "Portable Aqua." I may have the chemical's name wrong but I believe the bottle says 'hydrochloride.' It's the same as chloralhydrate - 'knockout drops,' so be careful about using it with a cocktail. You should not use these for more than a few days. I forget what the side-effects are but they are listed on the bottle. Probably include diarahea.

There are various filters available at stores like EMS/Eastern Mountain Sports (a NH based company) of from the web from companies like Campmor, Sierra Supply and the Mormon supply companies in Utah.

There is a spigot in the cemetery on Paugus Bay. There is a public right of way from the lake to the street which allows access to the grocery store. I'm under the impression the tap is provided by the city of Laconia. Any update or correction would be appreciated.

Good luck!
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote