View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 10:52 AM   #57
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
I have 2 single zone Mitsubishi units at home and cannot hear them run from inside the house, and both of them are basically outside my master bedroom. Our house is primarily NG/FHA but I added the splits to some newer additions.

At the island we have 2 multi-head Mitsubishi units, both outdoor units are right below the window in my master, literally behind my headboard. I can hear a slight fan whir at most if I am focusing on it.

I am surprised to hear others are complaining about noise.

Daikin has a newer system called the VRV. It adds in propane heat to the split system, and can be set to switch to the LPG backup at a preset temp. I have yet to get any details from the dealers I have called, but want to look into it. Not all Daikin dealers are certified on them. Seems like the best of both worlds. Or a gimmick?
I couldn’t hear mine from inside the house either. But if my neighbors windows were open, they probably would.

They are NOT noisy. None of them are. But they make sound. Even 40dB ( a library) is to much I don’t think people get it.

Geothermal is silent (to your neighbors). No air sourced system is silent.

My neighbors dock lights are not bright or ugly. But I absolutely hate them because I can never have total darkness again.

If you have a whirring sound 100ft away (which isn’t that far) all summer you’ll never hear total silence again.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote