View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 06:38 PM   #43
Irish mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B View Post
For the record, I voted for Canoe in this poll. I voted for Canoe because I believe they are the best in the area.

In the past, I have been critical of the Canoe kids' policy. It is now clearly posted and they handle things the way they say they will in the posted policy. That is a big plus in my opinion.

I still have one problem with what they do, and that has to do with seating families with children in the bar area, at tables that are designed for drinks and appetizers and not for dinners. If it is not right to seat the children in the adult-only area, placing families with children in the bar is not right either. I have witnessed loud, off-color, adults-only remarks being made by many adults at the bar within earshot of the children and not one Canoe employee doing anything about it. This is not right in my opinion.

One time we got assigned to the bar and before we sat down, I objected to the seating area and was rudely told we would have to go back on the bottom of the one-hour waiting list of we refused the bar area, mini-table. We left instead and have not been back with the kids since.

That said, clearly the food and the overall presentation is tops. If you have kids and you do not get assigned to the bar area, you will have a great meal and a great time. If you get the bar, you will not enjoy it at all. Because of this, I stopped bring my kids there two years ago, but they are now in their teens and twenties, so I will start bringing them again, if they are ever around.

The above is my only comment I will make about Canoe. Again, it is a very good place for a meal, in a dining room.

R2B
Lol, that's why I go to the drive-up at Wendy's and get the dollar stack burgers......don't need to pay a fortune to wait around for hours to eat, and then be abused

Last edited by Irish mist; 02-27-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote