View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 08:27 AM   #3
Skip

Default Scenic (walkable) Trails at the OVSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Can anyone suggest some scenic snowmobile trails for walking? I only walk midweek when there are fewer snowmobiles and I yield the trail to them. I find the groomed surface very comfortable for walking, easy on the back. Thanks!
An area that fits your description close by would be over in Tamworth on the Ossipee Valley Snowmobile Club (OVSC) trails. The Club has a parking lot open to the public outside of Tamworth proper on Great Hill Road. The snowmobile trail from there will quickly take you to the open Great Hill Fire Tower for some magnificent winter and mountain views.

You can visit the club website by clicking here OVSC or check us out on Facebook by searching OVSC. We have not opened our gates or started grooming yey but when we do it will be posted on both sites and updated daily once the season starts.

I am currently the Club's president and one of its groomer operators, and we encourage multi-users of our trails including hikers, snow-shoers, cross-country skiers and dog mushers, of course!

Enjoy!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skip For This Useful Post: