View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 10:30 PM   #33
Airwaves

To: Skipper of the Sea Que,

I did some checking and you are correct that NASBLA now recognizes the NH course, that's the good news. However according to the State of NH website the other portion of your information appears to be incorrect, that or the state hasn't updated their material.

According to this a certificate from any NASBLA course is good in NH, it doesn't list any exceptions:
Quote:
Any person who holds a certificate issued from any state that meets or exceeds the requirements of the Boating Education Law (is NASBLA approved) shall be exempt. New Hampshire will accept proof of certification issued by another state.
This is the part of the NH law that I questioned and why I thought NH was not NASLBA approved, because the NH course isn't recognized anywhere else!
Quote:
c. Persons who pass a safe boater equivalency exam with a grade of 80% or higher. This certificate will only be acceptable on New Hampshire public waters and not be recognized by other states. Call 888-254-2125 to sign up
So if you are traveling to another state that requires a boating certificate the NH certificate won't help you, at least not according to the NH website.