View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 07:07 AM   #5
longislander

Your CDL-A might be a issue, especially if you also have the Hazmat endorsement. The Hazmat retests, and the fingerprinting and into the database (FBI I think) may require live updates.

I gave up my CDL-A with all endorsements (except, bus), after fully retiring. After getting out of the corporate world, after divorce, spent close to 5 years OTR trucking.

Driver Licensing > Commercial Driver License > Hazmat Endorsement

Applicants for a Hazmat endorsement must pass a Hazardous Materials knowledge test to obtain or renew the endorsement. In addition, applicants are required to receive a Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) Fingerprint Clearance before applying for or renewing the endorsement.

Steps to Apply for or Renew a Hazmat Endorsement

1. Before coming the DMV, you must pre-register for a TSA Clearance by registering online at the Hazprints Website or contact a Hazprints representative by telephone at (855) 347-8371.

2. Fingerprints for a Hazmat endorsement may be taken at any Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) location; however, these services are not available on state holidays.

3. The TSA will mail the results of the fingerprint assessment to you normally within 30 days. Once you receive your notification in the mail, you are eligible to apply for the endorsement at the DMV.

4. Take the 30 question Hazmat Knowledge test. Please prepare for the test by studying the appropriate sections of the NH Commercial Driver ManualAdobe Acrobat Reader Symbol.

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/...ial/hazmat.htm
Sponsored Links