View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 08:37 PM   #6
Wifi-1

Default So much dis-information

First off, that "neighborhood" that is getting fiber to the home, provided by Consolidated.... Its more like Consolidated will put a fiber enhanced DSL box at the entrance to this development, and the neighbors involved will enjoy a 100Meg DSL line, due to their proximity to that hub. Its DSL folks, not Fiber. This was incorrectly stated to encourage people to vote yes. I'm about the furthest from being in the inner circle in town, just been in the business for decades.

Secondly, there is no way the board of directors can convince me, that part of my future electric bill won't be supporting this quest to supply internet to those that didn't have the foresight to buy a house in a service area. That is what I have done, passing up those properties that aren't, for my future abode.

The COOP needs to focus on providing CHEAP power to its members, not to compete with and drive other providers out of business, like Hub66, using our pocketbooks as a weapon against free enterprise competition.

Let Hub66 get off the ground (I have no affiliation with them) and watch Spectrum and Consolidated counter with better deals and upping their product.... That is what America is about.

I swore to myself I was done with the self servicing politics around here, but I couldn't hold it back... shame on me.

Good night.
Wifi-1 is offline   Reply With Quote