Thread: Anchor fit
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 05:00 AM   #3
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakevet View Post
I'm interested in getting a mantus anchor. Does any one know how well or if they fit in bow anchor locker. My 13 lb danforth fluke fits nicely because it folds. I am concerned that the mantus won't fit.
I have a 23 ft four wins bow rider. Looking at either the 8 or 13vlb mantus. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I spent a substantial amount of time researching anchors a few years ago and posted my results in the forum. As part of the process, I bought a 13# for my 20' pontoon. Even though the Mantus guide suggested 8#, I figured with the bimini (read: giant sail), I would go the next size up. The 13 was too much/unnecessary, so I went to two 8's (bow and stern).

The 8's held us in place for over 4 hours at WA a couple Sundays ago, when wind speeds were around 13-15mph and there was tons of chop. I posted about how I could've sold a bunch of anchors that day.

If you only need one, and you want something that will be unequivocally reliable, go with the 13. It is bigger, for sure, but it fit under one of my pontoon front seats, so it's not that much bigger than the 8 (though it definitely feels it).

If you also need a stern anchor, buy an 8 and try it out front before deciding. I sold my 13 to someone with a 26' runabout, and he says the holding power is incredible.

Either way, search around--Sailor Sam's and a few other places will sell them cheaper and with free shipping most of the time.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote