Thread: Irwin Toyota
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 09:14 AM   #14
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Not so good

Back in 2010, I bought a Corolla at Irwin. Loved the salesman, a young fella, low key, low pressure. We stuck a good deal and we walked out happy, including free 2 yr / 24,000 mile routine maintenance.
Went in for the 5,000 mile maintenance and was going to wait. Stuck my head on the sales floor to say hi to our sales guy and his desk was empty. I found out from the sales manager that he left a few months earlier and they were in the process of sending out letters about him leaving, and giving a name of a new sales person. Never got the letter.

After the freebie maintenance was over, every time I picked up my car after servicing, they had a recommendation for this service or that service. Once my warranty was up, then it was monthly emails about a great deal on a new car. I finally asked the service dept about all the sales emails and didn't they have confidence in their vehicles? "We'd like to think they will last forever, but you never know." Stopped going there for maintenance.

Two years ago my wife wanted a new car, and decided she wanted a Camry. We searched the internet and found a used Camry with 18,000 miles. We headed to the dealership and bought the Camry. Oh, the dealership was Rochester Toyota. We've been very satisfied with them.

And the Corolla? It will turn 190,000 miles in about 40 miles.

Glad so many have had a good experience.

Dave