View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #19
Resident 2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrossamerica View Post
Have not found any restaurants in the Lakes Region that come close to NYC standards but there are a number of passible places as one can not go to NYC for less than $1000 and have a decent weekend.

Tons of good places for breakfast as breakfast is the NH meal of choice. But nothing like Norma's in the Hotel Meridian in NYC and I have yet to find a place in the Lakes Region where I can get a decent snowy Nova on a toasted B.

Lunch I generally have breakfast as most of the lunch places never offer a real deli sandwich on real Jewish Rye as that is not found in NH. Nor can you get a real Kaiser Roll just the Bulky which is a sad rendition.
Dinner - Nary a real Chinese Hunan style place, Pizza, The Bayside Grill in Wolfeboro has the best in that area. Because there are no 24 hour diners in the area finding a sandwich after 2-3 pm is a real problem. Roast Beef is Dargin Park in Boston. No Fondue restaurants in the area. No real French restaurants. Mis en Place is not one of them.
Ice Cream - Bailey's Bubble for selection quality and price.

As for knowledge all one has to do is travel outside of NH to learn that there is a real food world out there. NH has improved a bit with the coming of Panera and a few of the Canoe type places but over my 60 years experience with the state it sure is a slow slog.
Quick question: Why do you come here?

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Resident 2B For This Useful Post: