View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 12:21 PM   #97
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
Trust me, from what you write, I know I am 100 times more equipped to deal with situations that don't "work as you expect" and am confident I will not be disappointed. Are you?
ABSOLUTELY NOT. No chance, no way, NOT.

The world is always throwing things at me I did not expect, have never seen, have not reference about how to deal with. I adapt and adjust based on what I have learned and experienced and do my best of my abilities, and that is my expectation for myself and others.

I have no expectation things will work for me OR you as expected, so I exercise as much reasonable caution as I think needed.

Generally I hope not to meet people who are confident things will never go wrong or they will not "disappoint", or who do not have a healthy of fear and caution. Because when they do finally face that situation where things do go wrong, they are usually ill equipped to address those situations.

Where there are humans, there WILL be human error.

How you deal with that error is just as important as the error.

Arrogance and unyielding confidence in ones self does nothing to prevent accidents and usually makes for a poor response plan when something goes wrong. If it works for you so be it.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote