Thread: Rain
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 07:21 AM   #26
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Oh, I totally get it, but as an eternal optimist, I always seek the good. For example, my son had a fishing tournament yesterday (he came in first!), and it was up to me to bring him because dear wife was sick.

Bringing him means waiting around for the 8.5 hours, butttt it was at Moore Dam in Littleton, so I hit Polly's Pancakes, stopped by the iron furnace, got a couple hours of hiking in at Artist's Bluff/Bald Peak, drove some Franconia/Littleton back roads, walked a covered bridge and sat by a river, had lunch and a nap under a sheltered picnic table at the Littleton welcome area, read a bit, spent time chatting with an 89-year-old lifetime resident of "the hills," saw my son's first winning weigh-in, grabbed some candy at the longest candy counter in the world and a pizza next door, came home and had some celebratory cupcakes.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I spent it mostly alone on a cool, rainy day in New Hampshire...and it was MAGNIFICENT. Perspective matters.

I hope you feel better, friend, and that we get some warm weather soon for all of our sakes!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
We went to Polly’s Sunday too. (always call ahead to put your name on the list)
We save rainy day weekends for a trip to Polly’s

I’ve been getting a ton of projects done on these rainy weekends.
I’m exhausted.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote