View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 01:03 PM   #95
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
With all due respect, the length of your numerous posts highlights your passion on the topic and is adding more "drama" without really getting at the heart of FLL's point.

There is no good reason for a civilian to wear a gun in the supermarket, and several good reasons--safety, manners, neighborliness--why a person should just keep his gun in his car.
Re: Drama, you are 100% correct that is the goal as nothing meaningful can come from this thread or needs to come from it as there is no problem! This thread was created as drama, it is about feelings not an actual danger. If your were speaking about handling a gun in a public place such as loading it, or some other such activity it would be a totally different matter. But its not, for all you or anyone knows the guns are not loaded, or functional or even real. It is all speculative. No actual incident has occurred, no harm has been done, this is simply drama about someone feeling uncomfortable. Well I feel uncomfortable about all kinds of things, and I dont seek outright bans on them. I personally feel more threatened by a very large and mean looking dog than anyone with a gun in a holster. You may feel differently and as such I respect your desire to walk any big mean looking dog you choose, but I dont have to like it, just as you dont have to like someone carrying a gun, but should you be attempting to prohibit it,,,

As for "no good reason for a civilian to wear a gun in the supermarket" Sorry but I thought this was America where we dont need to justify every action we take and most things should not be prohibited or restricted unless there was a credible risk to others, which in this case we have clearly established there is virtually ZERO history of incident.

I fully respect your right to opinions and to your concerns, but unless backed up by legitimate data your concerns and opinions should not result in an imposed restriction on others.

Now please understand this is coming from someone who has never carried a weapon openly, will never carry an weapon openly, very rarely has every carried a concealed weapon, and personally does not like seeing open carry. But I will not ever raise my voice against it, as I perceive no legitimate risk from it, and I do not believe I should be able to step on someone else preference to carry openly.

Once you step on any preference for no valid reason, you open the flood gates. That is a proven fact.

Your opinion is clearly different, I only hope you can attempt to see the other side of this matter such as I do, again as someone not thrilled by open carry.

ATB
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: