View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 08:26 AM   #78
BillJohn

Default FLL Posts

Although I find most of FLL's post to be a waste of time to read, I thought this time he made a valid observation.
I am not going to say anything that has not been said already but here are my 2 cents.
I own guns and have a concealed carry permit. I have taken a gun safety course. I have carried maybe twice. Personally I think a gun gives one false courage and is more likely to get you into trouble than keep you out of it. If I were to carry I would take all the gun courses I could find to teach me how to respond and shoot in an emergency. Without that training I am more likely to get myself and bystanders killed. Cops have that training and still get themselves into trouble.

Open carry? What is the point? The only point I can think of is intimidation of the innocent. If I am a bad guy who wants to do you harm your open display of a weapon is not in any way going to deter me...rather I would thank you for the heads up.

If I owned a store such as MB I would not allow guns to be openly displayed. If someone sued me fine...guess we would let the Courts decide.
BillJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BillJohn For This Useful Post: