View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 07:34 AM   #74
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
So, I was at the Market Basket last night about 7:30 and got a sub-of-the-week, roast beef, made up by one pf the sandwich makers. Meanwhile the sandwich maker, he's busy making up about five different subs and setting them aside for a customer to come get them.

While I'm telling the sandwich maker what veggies I want, up walks a young guy, about 30, for the waiting order and he's wearing a large black semi-auto hand gun and this definitely gets some attention by other shoppers as he walks past them toward the sandwich counter.

So why does he wear a gun into this Market Basket? Probably because he can, he likes to show it off while walking through this busy supermarket, and they make very good sub-sandwiches for $5.29. Sub-of-the-week is 4.99. He got quick service by the sandwich maker who immediately gave him the waiting subs ...... yes sir. My sense was he just likes to parade around the busy store, wearing a big black gun in a black holster, with light beige pants and white shirt, is something fun to do, to show it off?

As he was walking away with his sub order, I felt like saying out loud; 'HEY BUDDY, HOW COME YOU WEAR A GUN INTO THIS STORE LIKE THAT?' and, you know, challenge him a little on this...... but I decided not and kept my mouth shut as he walked away ..... my smart discretion.
OUTSTANDING!

So from my average human read of your post I learned the following:

1. First and foremost your concern about open carry has not inhibited you from continuing to shop at the offending location in any way. Almost like bad TV, you seem to be drawn back to the show.

2. Your concern for this matter (or interesting in telling us about it) remains high.

3. You were able to control your impulses to make a public scene that would bring even more attention to these individuals than they bring to themselves. But then you probably realized that "they" might actually like that,,,

4. And finally and possibly most importantly, NOTHING happened because of the open carry you observed. No one was harmed. No public riot occurred. No children were trampled because you didn't cause a commotion. We learned that open carry worked and worked well without any incident of any kind.

While I personally have zero desire to carry openly while shopping at the grocery in NH, I can now feel 100% comfortable because of your dutiful reporting on the matter this its possible, its safe, and it works.

This is what truly makes America great. They can carry openly, you can complain about it, we all can enjoy the education AND entertainment we got from the thread.

All is well. Does it really get better than this. How could it, it seem pretty much perfect, everyone got what they wanted.

And best yet, the sun came up this morning and we are all alive to enjoy it, even though we cant actually see it. So if there is an analogy to be had here, maybe concealed carry is like a cloudy day where you dont see the sun, and open carry is like a clear day where you do see it. And most or the time, not always, but most of the time, we tend to like sunny days better. That said I personally enjoy a cloud or two on a hot day and so for me a big Tee shirt or jacket covering a concealed carry remains a pretty good option (but based on this thread, no necessary).

Entertaining as always, please keep em coming. Happy HUMP day.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: