View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 09:25 PM   #33
BrunoSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Can you carry a gun on a military base? ....... no!

https://www.military.com/pcs/can-you...tary-base.html

Can you carry a gun while shopping at the Market Basket in Plymouth, NH? ....... yes!

So, both the military base and the Market Basket are responsible members of the local community, yet they have a very different rule for carrying a gun.

Military Base in the U.S.A says NO to guns.

Market Basket in New Hampshire says YES to guns.

You notice how both military base and Market Basket have the same initials of "M B" so why the different policy for hand guns?
Can you as a civilian, walk onto a military base?..... No, not with out good reason.

Can you as a civilian walk into a Market Basket?.....Yes even if you are an evil person.

There is a difference, though there have been shootings on military bases. I for one, think military people should be able to wear firearms on base, but that's just me.

Here in NH as other places, you have no idea the number of people you come into contact with every day that are carrying concealed. Why, because there are crazies out there and they can be found anywhere. And don't forget, cops are only mins away when seconds count. Sorry, I had to use that line, but is true.

I carry and I carry concealed. Why, there are many reasons but here are two. The first is because of people that freak out when they see a gun. The second, I don't want to stand out should something ever happen, which I hope never does. So far I am doing quite well, 45 years of carrying without any issues.

As for accuracy, I find that you'd probably have better chance of good accuracy from most civilians than from a Police officer. There are some really good shooters among Police officers as I shoot with quite a few. However, that is not the norm for most Police officers. They qualify once or twice a year and that's their only shooting they do in a years time. Shooting is a skill that requires continual work. You just don't learn to shoot at 15 and you're good to go for life.

I will admit, when I see someone walking around open carrying, I take a second look,. Usually to see what they are carrying. I am a SIG snob! But I also keep that in the back of my mind. Though I suspect if a bad person saw two, three of four good persons walking around open carrying, they would probably decide to take their evil somewhere else.
BrunoSR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrunoSR For This Useful Post: