View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 04:42 PM   #21
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Can anyone speak to shooter accuracy? I remember when politicians began suggesting that teachers should be packing my first thought was how scared I'd be of my colleagues' accuracy! Also, I recall studies showing 30% effectiveness in "tumultuous" circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Training and practice is key. Just handing someone a gun and expecting them to be proficient, especially under duress, is a recipe for disaster. Proper training and understanding the laws is of the utmost importance.

I recently took a class at White Birch Armory called "The rules for armed defense". It highlights NH gun laws, concealed/open carry, situational awareness and the what if's to consider. Great course, the instructor is a friend and highly qualified instructor, police officer, SWAT team leader and retired military special agent. It is a non-shooting class, informational seminar only. I would highly recommend it.

One point it hinged on was even though something may be legal (open carry for instance), but is it wise to do so? Should you?
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post: