View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 10:14 AM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

I don't understand it and never will. the open carry person
will be the first target
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Ok, so I really like the new Market Basket supermarket in Plymouth NH and typically go shopping there about two or three times per week. It has no self-service check-outs and has a good number of check-out registers staffed by Market Basket cashiers who are fast and friendly to get you checked out.

Lately, I have noticed there can be other shoppers inside the store, shopping with a grocery cart or a hand cart who also have an open carry, black semi-auto hand gun in plain site for everyone to see. I know you never see this at the nearby Walmart and I was surprised the first time I saw this and have now seen three different men doing their Market Basket shopping with a large gun holstered on their belt.

One time the man, about age-55, and wearing dark green army pants, dark green army sweatshirt with some unknown insignia on the front, and a black semi tucked into his belt was just five feet away from the Market Basket cashier, who saw him with the gun and seemed like she saw it and was somewhat concerned as she registered out my food items at the check-out.

There's got to be gun owners who keep their guns concealed away somewhere and do not go shopping at Market Basket while showing everyone they have a gun. Like, there is a big difference between concealed carry, and open carry in a NH Market Basket with numerous customers throughout the store.

One open carry guy was wearing a bright yellow tee-shirt and had a black semi-auto in a holster.

Another open carry guy was dressed like a cowboy actor from the movie Showboat, with theatrical style clothing, a white cowboy hat, and a black semi-auto in a holster.

Another open carry guy was dressed in quasi-military dark green pants and sweatshirt with a black sem-auto stuck under his belt with the handle showing.

So, why do these people, always men, choose to go to Market Basket-Plymouth and walk around the store aisles with a hand gun showing? Is it to show the other people inside the store that they have a gun? Is it because it is legal to do, they they apparently like to do it?

I know that other shoppers tend to leave the immediate area, and create space, distance, between themselves and the open carry person. It clears out a shopping aisle pretty quick, other shoppers make a fast exit when they become aware, and people just stay away from the open carry person.

In Plymouth NH, open handgun carry is not allowed at the Post Office, the Court House, Speare Hospital, Mid-State Health, Pemi Baker Community Health, CVS-Pharmacy, Rite Aid, and Walmart.

It is allowed at Market Basket, Plymouth NH which seems like a totally wackadoozie impossible situation for this Market Basket when they consider how their other shoppers inside the store tend to quickly create distance between themselves and the open carry person. Thanks, but no-thanks, I am staying away and keeping my distance from this guy, inside the store, you know what I mean!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post: