View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 07:31 PM   #6
Jdarby

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
While feel obliged to say that I am not a fan of the rapidly rising movement to fly the flag upside down or various versions of the flag such as the black and blue iteration, but I dont think you can say that the country as a whole is not in great distress.

We are possibly more polarized than at any time in my life.

I also debate that we remain a great democracy. For example; we accuse Russia of tampering with our elections, not the actual votes or vote count data, but the campaign rhetoric, something that we do and have done across the entire planet for decades. We have installed some of the worst leaders in the world in their positions of power and then end up at odds with them. How can we do that with a straight face and say we are a great democracy. We need to get our act together and fix our own homeland before dictating to others or pointing fingers at others for exactly the same thing that we do elsewhere AND in our own country.

Its disgusting and appalling to see what the US campaign process has become and how the politicians conduct themselves. I am repulsed by the current state of American politics.

We have not even had a president in the white house with full military service since Bush #1. The last 5 presidents all come up short for military service.

We now live in a country largely run by divisive power-mongers and the media who wish to control what we as individuals believe, think, do and where our money goes, as opposed to the people telling the politicians what believe, think, what we want to do and where we want our money to go.

You may call all this that I state hating our country, I call it worrying for our country.

I fear we will become something very different than what we were, and not better.

I fear we will have no say in this change.

I fear it has already started and the result will be our ruin.

I fear like too many situations, we will not see our failure until irreparable damage is done.

I hope I'm wrong.

You call it desecrating or denigrating our flag when hung upside down and you call them people who hate America, I say they are exercising free speech and they are probably people not unlike me who are not pleased with the direction we are taking and maybe, just maybe they think this is a way to express their extreme concern.

I remain disappointed by seeing a flag upside down, but I can relate to the message it conveys, concern and a cry for help (for our country).

I respect that you are entitled to your opinion even if I disagree with it.

I hope you can respect their opinion, mine and others and not call us haters of America and tell us to get out.
Well I’m a firm supporter of the right of free speech. But to be flying an upside down American flag while your off on your boat laughing and giggling on your way across Lake Winnipesaukee is a cheap attempt at real political commentary. Enjoying the freedoms of our land while half-heartedly condemning them through the most despicable mean available. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing more disgraceful than disrespecting our flag. To your point, I did not chase them down and board their vessel to remove that disgrace. I allowed them to exercise their right and in this forum I’m exercising my right along with all of my appropriately displayed flags!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jdarby For This Useful Post: