View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 06:51 AM   #12
Little Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swnoel View Post
That's pretty deep for a dug well with tiles. Is the top capped with a concrete cap? There's no way any creature could get in properly capped with concrete. If it's not 30 foot you could get a ladder and a pump , pump it down, clean out the well and bleach it. I take it you have a shallow pump with foot valve. If you do and chose not to convert it to submersible ,I'd replace the foot valve while someone is down there. Is it possible to pump out the well with the pump already in the well? You could have a second person on top pulling up a 5 gallon bucket and muck it out until it was clean or use a second small pump.
Maybe it’s not 30’ - I think that was a bad guess. It was dug in the 60’s, and I do remember people putting a ladder down the well and climbing in. It does have a concrete cap, but I’ll have to look at it to see if there are any gaps that might be big enough for these rodents to pass through. There’s also a hole above the waterline inside the well where a pipe passes through, so that will have to be checked as well. All I know is that I’m not climbing in that well, so will hopefully find a well company that can do this type of work.
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote