View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #65
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
SC,

LOL.. very provocative, but I won't pick up the bait!
As a liberal, (and as stated, I'm not some crazy lefty)

No, I'm not willing to risk my wife's health for any amount of money, frankly the question is a bit of an insult and way out of character for you. That is why I'm fighting the current ACA regs with the State, Senator's Sheehen and Ayote and my House Rep Carol Shea Porter. I am pressing them to support allowing cross border care. If nothing else it is clearly a restraint of fair trade IMHO.

No major program, either Government or Private ends up like they came out of the blocks. Tweaking programs is a common and wise. Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security have all been "tweaked", I want it fixed, not killed.

How much did you and many others have to tweak the speed limit law? I'd bet a fairly good bit. I'd also bet those tweaks made it BETTER.

The choice isn't accept it, the goal of my conversations with the people that supposedly represent me, is to fix the problem, not, like many of the Tea Party folks to just throw it out.

Funny you didn't comment on the fact that the ACA was actually a Heritage Foundation program, almost word for word!
Steve:

I didn't realize your wife was ill and I didn't mean to insult you. I am sorry if I did.

My point is bringing lots of uninsured onto the ACA, however noble, will be expensive especially when an inefficient government is running the process. Paying for these new costs will likely require a combination of reduced flexibility and access to healthcare and increased premiums for the young and self-employed. Further, there will be lots of unintended consequences like closing off some of the better hospitals to certain groups. I hope it goes smoothly but I know it won't.