View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 06:42 AM   #64
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
If you added docking, for even another 20 boats, and every boat had an average of 4 people onboard it would only add about 80 people in the downtown area. (and some people will just be sitting on their boats)

It was stated that there are roughly 125 businesses within walking distance of the docks. I don't think adding less than one person per business will have any significant impact.

I agree. 8 out of 10 times when I go to Wolfeboro there is a significant wait.

PS. XCR Please stop posting that cartoon. Three times in this thread is enough and it adds nothing to the discussion.
How many businesses are people actually going to? I'm confident boaters aren't floating up to the docks to hit up the real estate office. It's probably more like 20 restaurants, ice cream stands, and clothing shops.

And my concern isn't just the downtown crowd, but the docks themselves. As someone above mentioned, Meredith has a bunch and they still have a wait—more docks = more interest—at prime time, there will always be a wait.

I'm of the "expanding things isn't always the solution" crowd. Lord knows how town, state, and national parks got destroyed this year from expanded use.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote