View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 06:57 PM   #12
Janie

Default Why do they seem to spend a majority of their time...

... up in the norther end of the lake? I am not around Weirs or Paugus Bay too much but I noticed an MP going back and forth from Chase Point down to the Barber's Pole and back again and again this past weekend. Most of the people in the area are just going to and from their island properties up around there except for the occasional BIG boat but they seem to be abiding by the laws as there is enough space to do so. I do not care that they do this but people get confused and scared and begin driving worse than if the MP was not around. I've noticed it. They slow way down and the guy behind them is not sure what is going on and slows down and then you get into trouble.

I noticed last year that an MP boat stayed "rafting" near the marker in the barbers pole. They made it so that there was not enough room to go through there because they in the middle of the channel and did not allow for the 150' law. It was a huge mess. People were being pulled over and boats were all over the place. I really have no gripes with the MPs but this seemed more dangerous and also seemed to be like entrapment. Did anyone else notice any of these things? Thanks.
Tuftonboro, NH
Janie is offline   Reply With Quote