View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 04:16 PM   #13
kawishiwi

Default You should go out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
How do you tip at the gas dock?

How do you tip at a restaurant?

If you have someone perform a service at your home like cut down a tree or make a repair do you ever ask if there is a discount for cash?

Sometimes trades people need instant money (poor financial planning) so they will gladly give a discount for immediate cash in hand.

Over many (too many) years I have saved a lot more than 2 to 6% by offering cash and I have been fortunate to have people show up quickly because they know it means cash in hand.

I know, I am an enabler...............................
You should go out & eat at restaurant using a credit card tonight! They have the whole tip thing figured out!

I hate cash almost as much as I hate writing checks to pay bills that require envelopes & stamps. Ugh.
I carry a cash buffer for the gas dock tip & the occasional food stand. Though even food trucks and such usually take cards now.
Cash for independent service providers is one of few good reasons for cash as TiltonBB mentions. Fishing guides LOVE cash.
I pay for coffee with my card. So much faster, easier & no change clinking around until sucked up in a vaccum. I also pay tolls on 93 with the RFID box on my dash. That box could go away as photo id can get your plate & route a bill to you. I got caught without coins on a Florida toll highway, in a rental car, & the toll was added to my bill.

I've been IN my bank maybe 3 times this year and thats at least 2 times too much for my liking.
I completely manage my daughters college bills and such online. She's an authorized user on one of my cards so theres no last minute or late night desperate pleas for money.
Cash is just so...last century.