View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #7
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of Waiting View Post
Good you want another thread locked lets do it!!

It appears that you just don't have the brains to understand. Masshole is NO LONGER A JOKE it is used as and has become a derogatory name for folks from one particular state. Why else would we from Mass be used to describe a "hole in the Ground!"

You stated in the last locked thread that other states were made fun of in the same manner. I sent you an IM and simply asked you to link me to any other thread where other folks from other states are singled out like those of us from Mass.

Your reply was to not IM you ever again and you never provided any proof of your statement.

This told me much about you. 1. you can't back up what you said. 2. therefore don't want to be challenged cause you can't defend yourself.

I am not offended by your ignorant utterances just sick and tired of this term being used to describe myself, my wife, and others from our state.

ToW

I see your point, and agree to an extent.

As someone who moved up here from Mass years ago I do throw around the Masshole reference not meaning to be derogatory. I personally feel the best time on the lake is after labor day when the waters still warm and majority of "Mass people or vacationers from wherever" no longer come up as frequently. However, I do understand our local economy does to some extent rely on the business brought in from these said "Massholes" spending money in our coffee shops, marinas, tolls, restaurants etc.

So I feel it's a double edged sword, pjard may say I wish Massholes would all stay home but yet how would it really affect our region if they all did? Would your local marina shut the doors? That restaurant you like not reopen?

Food for thought from one Masshole to the next.
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote