View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #61
ApS

Question Marinas vs "The Others"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Laker View Post
When switched to "loud," for lack of a better term...
No better term exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve
I live next to someone that likes complete silence 24/7. He's a hoot for sure.
Then I don't think it's a good idea to take the muffler off, and run your lawnmower at night!

Quote:
I don't understand why some people just assume the masses are reckless with poor intentions. I think there are more people like me than not.
1) "Switchable Exhausts" are clearly in the minority. Why anyone would draw from their discretionary funds, to enable extra noise is very unclear to me. Too much money?

2) The masses are heard very well by those who are lakeside. As another has written on these pages: "I love the sound of my own horn".

3) For 30,000 years, Lake Winnipesaukee has been silent. No matter how "enjoyable" one's noise-pollution may seem, why would anyone with good intentions, change that primordial image of Lake Winnipesaukee for everyone else?

Quote:
I've actually gone the last few years with the system disabled because of the law. Now I am going to use it the way it was intended to be used. I will be enjoying it during the day as I have been but coming in quietly to marinas at night.
That's just fine for your neighbors, but what about those who are not your neighbors?

Last edited by ApS; 07-08-2011 at 03:58 AM. Reason: On Winnipesaukee—QUIET is Bad?