Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
This lake will never be "safe".
Your argument is not with me—but with member Skip, who continues to assert:
Quote:
"The Lake is safe, continues to be safe and always was safe."
Quote:
I usually set my cruise control at 72-73 in a 65 MPH zone and find that most do the same. I rarely see egregious driving violations.
Then you missed the knot of southbound motorists I was caught up in going 85-MPH, on the way to the border. I realized I was "way-over", pulled in, and was promptly passed by a "Pilgrim" bus—going 90!

Quote:
(I do live in Moultonboro, famous for the gauntlet!).
When managing "the gauntlet", one must pass not one—but two—schools with kiddies.

Quote:
Would one of your dull headed lances do a number on a lake vistor's undersized vessel?
You misquote—then miss my point completely.

Each wood spar was a "silent sentinel" on every boater after dark—PVC, not so much.

Quote:
The only boats that I have seen on this lake that look like military boats are the MP's Rigid Inflatable Boats.:
They don't have to be painted gray to look military. The attachment below shows a near-shore vessel of a foreign military that threatened a U. S. Navy ship in the Arabian Sea.

Another appeared recently in The U.S. Naval Institute's publication of Proceedings, a monthly periodical. The issue reviews just one poor Caribbean country's interdiction fleet—featuring one of eight similar patrol boats—made by Nor-Tech.

Quote:
"...built without bunks and water tanks to fit 100 extra gallons of fuel and other equipment, such as a FLIR camera and communications equipment. They are used for coastal and riverine patrol, search and rescue operations, anti-narcotics operations, go-fast interdiction. They are armed with a M-60 machine gun and they carry M-16 rifles."
—Wikipedia

Isn't that "military"?

Here's the foreign-Navy vessel that threatened a U.S. Navy vessel:
Attached Images