View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #9
CanisLupusArctos

ITD, Right now I think 85 would be a good bet for both Friday and Saturday, with the usual warm places around here getting up to 90. If it starts to look more likely by the time we get to Tues-Wed, it will be worthy of a new thread like, "First time in the 90s this season?" so all us wx geeks can chime in with a bet for what the max temp in the area will be.

With heat appearing more likely for Fri-Sat (and maybe longer), remember the "weather in the news" as this thread suggests. The polar region is still throwing abnormally cold air at us because it can. That means when these hot spells break, there is a greater chance they'll do so in a violent manner and thus make headlines.

Review severe weather safety rules and teach them to the kids just like fire safety. It could save your life, but more likely it could prevent an expensive trip to the ER. After-Storm-Safety is just as important. You'd be sadly amazed at how many people say, "hey look, it's a wire in the street, let's move it out of the way..." In May 2006 I watched a bunch of teens surfing in urban floodwaters on inner tubes. The water was so gross you couldn't have paid me to stick my hand in it. And the current was pretty strong.
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote