Thread: Seat booster
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 07:39 PM   #10
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
If the seat base seperates from the floor of the boat, and not an intigral part of it.... My suggestion would be to pull the whole thing out, and then build a shim to put in between the seat base and floor..... that extends forward of the base, so that you don't change the distance, from the foot height to seat height...Thus it will feel and act just as it does now, but will give you the extra height you are looking for.... They do this on some of the pontoons now, basically making a pedestal that the driver sits up on.....

The down side, is that you likely will not be able to change the steering wheel height so easily, so you must consider that as well.... but unless your looking something over six inches that likely will not be a huge problem....

If you do this right when you go to sell the boat, the new owner could simply remove the shim/platform if they don't want it, and re-attached the seatbase tot he cockpit floor.
Again, the impact the the seat system and the seat behind causes me to think its not a reasonable option.

I think I just need a simple solution like the booster buddie.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote