Thread: Lyons Den
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 10:57 PM   #18
hazelnut

Thumbs up It Is Official

The Lyons Den has become my new favorite restaurant on the lake!!!!!

There are not enough adjectives to describe how wonderful a meal we had.

Last night my wife and myself along with my sister decided to give the Lyons Den a try. Based solely on this thread! I was trying to figure out where we were going to eat right up until I read the forum that day. I decided to call ahead even though it was a Monday. We took the boat over to Glendale and we had plenty of spaces to choose from due to the iffy weather. When we arrived the restaurant was pretty quiet HOWEVER, the server had made sure to put a reserved sign on the very best table in the restaurant just because we called ahead. What service!!! We had Lauren (not the owner) as our server. She was EXCELLENT. Right from the beginning she was happy, helpful, funny and gracious. Good help is hard to find and this girl is a gem. She got us our drinks promptly and we were ready to order. I ordered the Veal Marsala and my wife and my sister ordered specials. One was a Lobster stuffed Scallops and the other was a Salmon with Lobster stuffing. The appetizers we ordered were Fried Green Beans and Scallops wrapped in Bacon. The apps came first and were AWESOME! By the way my wife and my sister were thoroughly enjoying their special martini's. I was sipping beer as I had the boat.
Dinner came and while my Marsala was good my wife and sisters specials were RIDICULOUS!!!! HUGE scallops with chunks of lobster for my sis and My wife was raving about her salmon. AWESOME to say the least. The presentation was spectacular. We all polished our plates clean. Desert was a Creme Brulee that we shared. It got decent marks not an A+ but more like a B+. My wife and sis thought it should have been warmed up. I don't know?
All in all at least an A close to an A+ review! The owner herself hung out with us for about 20 minutes after dinner and she is truly a person who cares about her customers. This restaurant is a MUST DO, for ALL OF YOU!!!! For the three of us we spent around $125 for dinner and drinks. Not bad considering the generous portions and excellent service. All in all:

Service: A+
Presentation: A+
Drinks: A+
Food: A
Appetizers: A
Price: A-
Atmosphere : A-
Cleanliness: A
Portion: A

OVERALL: A

A for awesome. About as good as the best in the region. This has jumped to my new top favorite on the lake. I am so glad I went and I am so grateful to the members who guided me to try this place. I ask all of you to give this place a try. I promise you won't be disappointed. Happy eating.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote