Thread: Lyons Den
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #66
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual721 View Post
Unfortunately the people who are in charge of monitoring and ticketing the docks and parking facility are not very customer service oriented. We have watched them over this past weekend - they watch people dock their boats where they are not allowed to dock and say nothing to them. They wait for them to leave or come up to the restaurant and then they go over and ticket them. We had 3 people come by jetski to the tavern today - they went out to find 3 $50 tickets on their jetskis. How much better for the local economy would it be to not upset and insult our vacationers? I am sure that they would gladly have relocated to the 3 hour dock had they been asked. I doubt that they will come back to this area any time soon as $150 makes for an expensive lunch.
This is exactly the reason my wife and I haven't been to the Lyon's Den yet; I haven't been able to figure out IF there's public dock space and where it is!! Thank you nerual721 for getting to the bottom of this! Hopefully, we'll be able to visit your establishment next week when we're up on vacation!

I also agree with upthesaukee and seaplanepilot; town officials and/or their representatives should be helping visitors to the area, not ruining their day!
Wolfeboro_Baja is offline   Reply With Quote