Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 12:03 PM   #720
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I respectfully disagree. I believe this will just be a port for them as mentioned above and not serve dockside. I also think this is s much better location from last year allowing them to do more parties and easier to get to places like Braun Bay and Timber island

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Great thing about this country, we can disagree....

There is no doubt about the fact that having the Weirs as a home port will be a great advantage.... And I don't mean to imply that they will not go out... I am sure they will when the conditions are right.

I just think this is a maneuver to get more business, on the days that it is not advisable to go out. I simply can't believe that they are going to either do daily tours, or sit idly dockside when the weather is not co-operating. The Dive has limited seating etc. I somehow just don't think they are a threatening or concerning venue, and are planning to be just another dockside restaurant we they are not out and about...

The Dive ownership has eluded to the fact that the vessel is not as capable as they had hoped. And in fact last summer had cancelled on various plans because it was not advisable for them to be out. They have to have a license Capt. on the vessel to be out and navigating around the lake. No Capt, will be willing to risk their license by going out when conditions don't allow for safe handling of the vessel. Because the vessel doesn't handle as well as hoped, the number of days, a captain will be unwilling to take her out, is more then the business model I am sure was counting on....