View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 11:46 AM   #123
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
Really? So if they have a cold or flu, they have to isolate for 10 days if they are not vaccinated?

I didn't know that you could get a cold vaccine, and I have never seen a rule/regulation that states an unvaccinated employee that gets flu must isolate for 10 days... in fact, I haven't seen one that even requires one day; or for that matter that they even have to wear a mask.

So, yeah, it is different.
Add in the time limit, and it really becomes different.
No actually colds and flu in the workplace can be far worse, as employees either feel bad enough to take leave (the lost work hours you seem most concerned about), or they come to work and sneeze and blow they noses and actually spread germs unlike most COVID infected employees who will either will be in isolation at home, but fully capable of teleworking, or they will be out and about but in the vast majority of cases not spreading anything as they are not coughing or sneezing.

We actually had an employee document that he had doubled his productivity while teleworking due to the lack of distractions in the facility. And this was an employee who did not want to telework. Call it one of the better lessons learned as a result of COVID.

Hope this is helpful to your place of work.

Last edited by XCR-700; 09-22-2021 at 01:02 PM.