View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 06:04 AM   #34
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I am amazed, Joey, that you wold be chasing this cloud. Your posts and apparent experience seem to be far more knowledgeable than trying this tax relief scam. The towns follow state law on who can get tax relief (veterans) and that option must be approved by town meeting (City Council in Laconia, I believe). So you first need the legislature to approve enabling legislation, then you need the city council to approve. That pushes a greater burden on other taxpayers to raise the same money. NOT GONNA Happen. But you can pay lawyers and lobbyists big dollars to end up saying "Gee, we're sorry. We thought we made a good case, but it didn't even make it out of committee. Here's the bill."

Question:
What flavor Kool-Aid are you drinking?
I'm not trying to be smug or facetious, but the weight of experience is overwhelming. Don't give this organization any money.

Do you respond to Robo calls?
I really don't want to be rude here, but I think you've been seriously mislead.
Exactly this, especially the "I'm surprised you're chasing this cloud" piece.

There's no way a town could ever allow this to happen--ever. The precedent would set up all those things other people have identified: I don't use the school system, so no taxes. I haven't ever called emergency taxes, so no taxes. I don't drink water from houses on the far side of town, so no taxes...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: