View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #143
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedwannabe View Post
I spoke with several teachers who were exasperated with people trying to tell their kids to take it on faith that global warming wasn't happening

I hope you and your buddies keep getting exasperated. The ignorant masses are rejecting your political BS. And while we are on the topic of faith, I guess you and your buddies reject God because it is based on faith?

One presenter (I forget his name) works with students and challenges them to a debate about global warming

Pineedles: Oh good, a college graduate debates K-12th graders on a topic that the teacher is prejudice about! Nice role model! I had a science teacher in 8th grade who presented all the theories of the creation of the universe, including his self admitted own, creation, but I chose to support the Big Bang in a paper. I wasn't penalized for being out of sync with what the teacher believed. I guess that's not the case today, huh Sheddy?

Pineedles: Your exultation of your "most excellent seminar" continues with more of "your Hero's" even more poignant abuse of our children.

Shedwannabe: - he allows the students to dispute any part of his presentation, with the only caveat being they have to back up their dispute with scientific evidence. He reports many students do put a lot of energy into preparing for the debate, but then despair because all their points against global warming turn out to be hearsay (or "quackery" directly contradicted by scientific research. Fortunately, they are young and accept maybe they were wrong...but its the parents who are set in their (false) beliefs that are the biggest problems.
I spent way too much time on this troll. I don't need to debate, I need to find a way we can fire teachers like you.