View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #141
Boater

Oh no, that evil Chamber of Commerce again. What a nerve they have disagreeing with you and the President. What a nerve they have trying to do what they think is best for small business. They must be stopped. I know they're on Obama's ememies list. Maybe you can outlaw them.

Shed, sarcasm aside please step back a minute and try to understand our skepticism. We're not scientists but we didn't just fall off the turnip truck either. We're not experts but we believe that both sides of this debate should have an open and fair hearing. We don't like being insulted and demeaned just because we reach different conclusions than you. Despite what you say, there are 2 sides to this. The question is not settled simply because you DECLARE it is.

We've watched both An Inconvenient Truth AND The Great Global Warming Swindle. We've noticed that many experts say that Algore's movie is riddled with inaccuracies and fiction. The pictures of Polar Bears in distress are not what they seem. In fact the Polar Bear population is at the highest level ever measured. They are thriving. The cataclysmic scenes in AIT are taken from fictional movies. Many of the cornerstones of Algore's argument are quickly and easily debunked. Much of the "truth" the masses are fed is flawed at best.

We also notice that your predictions are based heavily on computer models. As we know models are based on the data used (garbage in garbage out) and are often wrong. Ever see all the models of which way an approaching hurricane will go? They are all over the place. After Katrina the AGW worshipers predicted that we were entering a period of many horrific hurricanes because of AGW. We couldn't help but notice that those models were wrong too. And we are supposed to blindly believe your long term models?

We also notice many articles like "The Mystery of Global Warming's Missing Heat" published by your friends at NPR. You put a network of thousands of fancy ocean sensors around the world sure that they will show that the oceans are warming. Instead they show the opposite. Instead of pulling back a little and reconsidering your hypothesis you guys say "we must have misinterpreted the data". That shows how politically and ideologically driven this is. Your minds are closed. Ours are open.

This would all be a fun little debate except that you Liberals want to impose huge taxes, bureaucracy and regulation on every business and citizen of this country in the name of AGW at a time when our economy is near collapse (yes, the worst is yet to come). The emerging economies of the world are just not going to go along with this. We'll cripple our economy and the climate will be unaffected.

In my other post I mentioned all the scientists that are now very skeptical of the IPCC conclusions. Even some members of the IPCC are backing away. Lots of climatologists are skeptical. I've spoken to a few. I guess they are all trolls and extremists too. The fact is that only in Liberal organizations like the IPCC is there "near unanimous agreement" and declarations that "the debate is over". The rest of the world is very much split on the issue.

America has really done a fantastic job of cleaning up our act. LA used to have daily smog alerts and now they have almost none. We've cleaned up our rivers and harbors. Even Boston Harbor is now clear. Our cars are efficient and clean. I just replaced my home heating system and increased my efficiency by 80%. We've shut down the smokestacks. We're getting "greener" every day. How about focusing on China and the other real polluters instead of talking like we're the ones that must be punished?

By the way, it appears that you are losing the PR battle. The chart below is from the nonpartisan Pew Research Center. It shows that not only people on this site are starting to question this. The doubts from people from all parties is growing. Don't worry though, I'm sure that your friends in the White House are working on ways to IMPOSE massive taxation and bureaucracy on us in the name of AGW despite the concerns of us trolls and extremists. It won't solve AGW, but will make you feel good and help fund even more handouts.