Thread: Shep Browns
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #13
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

LOL Just have to chuckle at those prices.

My box of winterization stuff just arrived today in the mail full of all OEM filters, parts and fluids. Antifreeze I buy locally. $120.00 with free shipping. 3 Hours at best of my time to do what is MORE than the Sheps "Premium" service list. I do not consider my spring "lake test" into the mix which is admittedly at least an all day effort. I should mention that box also contained the $43 oil change kit for my 60HP Merc 4 stroke outboard and a 16OZ bottle of 303 protectant for the interior. At over 2K for that service those guys are out of their minds.

Storage, been thinking about storing my boat instead of in the garage at home but elsewhere, found covered non climate controlled storage for half the 1150 they wanted to shrink wrap mine for and leave it outside. It's amazing the price drop soon as you get away from the lake!

Good luck to those guys, I know a few customers of their that are outta there. To bad, but my guess is they are looking to reduce the number of customers and certainly want the ones that just pay and don't ask questions. We all know there are plenty of them out there.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote