View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #20
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default This was a summer of Many great point for me

So much happened to me this summer that it is hard to know where to start. But I believe the most amazing thing was getting married, to the love of my life... Which started a entire summer of firsts for me. The first trip to the lake as a married man, stopping in to see friends around the lake, and making sure I didn't stumble and make the mistake of still call my wife my fiancée. Having the Joy of realizing that I married someone who enjoyed the lake as much as I do, as we slowly came home in the middle of two down pours over the course of the summer. As I say I just don't know where to really start with all the 1st I had this summer.

This was also a summer where I watched the lake change. Not the lake itself but the aura surrounding it. Somewhere along the way a little charm was lost unfortunately. It was saddening in some aspects but refreshing in others. While I saw how quickly an issue could divide people and bring out their worst, I also saw how a particular event could bring a group of people together and make them strive to make things better. Luckily what I realized from all this is that when people come together for the common good, they are able to over power the obstacles in their way. While when people approach a problem and come together out of fear and spite, they bring out the worst in themselves and others. These events have changed my perception of the lake, and of the openness I always felt people had. I now realize that some people don't know how to keep their minds open, and selfishly want to push their beliefs on others. It is not the way it should be. Everyone will never totally agree, however compromise and listening are the traits that people need to have to allow the proper change to come forward. Unfortunately Proper change is not what some people want.

With all that said, this was another great summer, I met many wonderful people... Visited Rattlesnake Island for the first time, and hopefully found a friend who will allow me to return next summer and climb to the summit of the island. I found people whom I shared many common interests with, and we had a blast meeting up all over the lake.... And best of all I ran the boat for 40 - 50 hours again this summer, and never thought about the money, I only thought about the fun.....