View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #35
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by This'nThat View Post
Go back and re-read the actual article. The homeowner was in no way confused over what he was confronting. There was no doubt on his part regarding whether these people were his neighbors lending a helping hand vs. criminals stealing property.

I think your alternative "scenario" is more than a bit far-fetched. Can I assume you're presenting it here to tell the rest of us that this homeowner acted rashly, and that perhaps he should have just gone back into his house and hid under the bed? Or worse yet, gathered up his family and escaped out the back door so as to offer no possible resistance whatsoever to the thieves?

This alternative, unrealistic scenario is confusing to me, and requires further explanation, methinks.
Just presenting an alternate scenario. In this instance, we only have 1 side of the story. The other persons side of the story could be completely different.

Not that I think it should be compared to the Ward Bird thing, I think it could be. It would be another case of "he said, she said". The homeowner says one thing, while the "perp" says the other.

And to be perfectly clear, if the homeowner is indeed telling the true story, I would probably react in a similar way.