View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #24
Descant

Thanked 1,516 Times in 984 Posts
Default Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
We are out at the island probably longer than most...by November the lake becomes quite dark and desolate at night. All the navigation lights are gone, island camps aren't lit up, and it's cold! If I had to stay all winter I could, but I don't think that I'd want to. Prolonged power outages would require generator use and lots of propane, and the propane barge ain't coming out that time of year. Same with the gas fireplace...it's a propane hog. It's not fun lugging 100 pounders in nice weather, not thinking I'd want to do it in winter. I wouldn't have any neighbors to see or rely on ( on the islands that's huge), so if I fell off a ladder, I'm thinking I'd be lying there for a long time. My wife is talking about having Thanksgiving out there this year. I'm game, but that will end the season for me!
Canadian Thanksgiving is this weekend (Monday). Just a thought. We've done successful Canadian Thanksgivings on Welch with the host doing a turkey or two, and guests bringing every thing else.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote