Thread: Antifreeze
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 08:03 AM   #15
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Folks does anyone have any specifics here, because I just spent time search for information on a Antifreeze recall, and see nothing at all period, in every variation I tried.

With as many RV'ers and boat owners etc. that are currently winterizing their toys, to think that a company could or would keep this confidential, and quiet, is not reality.

In short this sounds like some Marina, or Marina's is pulling peoples leg.

I am not saying it isn't happening, but someone should be able to point to something specific if there really is some recall of RV anti-freeze going on.
I don't think it is anyone joking around, I heard if from two different sources, and other boaters have reported the same to me. There are now schedule delay because people had to go back and reservice boats that were already winterized and shrink wrapped.

I'd suggest calling local marine shops, perhaps Fays, Supreme Marine, etc. I'm sure that many or most of them were affected.

I don't think the antifreeze company would keep it confidential as they would be liable for many boats being damaged. I don't know any details. I would guess that they were they contacted by their distributors, as I'm sure most purchase antifreeze in bulk at this time of the year.

How is freeze damage covered by your insurance, perhaps you should check your policy to see that it's not excluded if you do it yourself? A frozen engine block would cost a lot more to repair than replacing a few fresh water plastic pipes or fittings on your boat for those that have them.