View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 10:34 PM   #151
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
I have to say that I am glad that you bailed on that property. There was so much work that needed to be done and with the extra cabins and having to cross the road to get to the lake etc.

I try to put myself in your shoes. There is a new property on Newfound that just hit the market for $1.250 million. It is on Pike Point Road in Bristol, on over 1 acre. Have you seen this one yet?
Yes, listing is a little misleading.

It's two lots and the house is on a smaller lot than the Squam one !!
They don't know if it's on lake or (dig well), how can you not know that? Well the trustee of the estate might not know a lot of details. Dug well was supposed to be abandoned for the exact same reason Squam property got downgraded to 1 Bedroom septic. You really need about 1 acre for a Well and 2-3 Bedroom septic to be state approved. A well alone takes away almost 0.5 acres from septic capacity. Plus you have to take setbacks away and the house, driveway, decks, patios. So septic ends up with nothing left.

The other lot is supposed to be usable but it's across the road and down a lot. So a new septic there is very expensive. Our original house had land ADDED years ago. Taxed as ONE lot. That added land is NOT allowed to be used for septic, even though it was perfect.

But that's why it's not $1.7 million.

Selling it also needs court approval.

As complex as that place is, we are looking into it.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote